Can't you remember?

It was dark outside, probably the darkest it had been all winter. The rain thundered down like a four year old playing with the bathroom taps. It was luck that the town hadn’t flooded yet. Cold and tired from a hard day at work, I decided to have a bath to take the pain away. With the bath water running, filling the room with hot swirling steam, I removed my clothes. How good it felt to just relax after the worse day at the office. Naked and ready for a long hot bath, I stepped into the water. I sat down and bugger me if the door bell didn’t ring. Tired and now annoyed that my time had been interrupted, I stood up and grabbed a towel. I dried, covered myself up with it and opened the bathroom door. The hot steam spiraled out of the room as the door ball rang again. I hurried into the entrance hall, standing at the front door in just my towel; I took a deep breath and opened the door.

“What happened to me?” I could barely hear my own voice, but I knew I had said it. I was lying on my back, on the dining room floor. I could hear faint sirens and my friend Danielle’s voice. I looked over and saw that I was lying in blood and then I felt the pain.

I woke up in hospital a couple of hours later. I had a cast on my wrist and could feel stitched in my back. Danielle was sitting by my bed. “What happened to me?” I asked once again. “You were attacked! A man broke into your house! He sexually and physically assaulted you! Can’t you remember?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!