Daisy

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

The daisies look lovely today, standing tall on this miserable afternoon. Looking at the colourful array displayed in such a matter before my window. The creeping rainfall that’s suffocating such beauty, the angelic shade of white and yellow that contrast the scene, and the empowering feeling of watching such beauty refuse the wrath of the sky. It makes me feel better about myself, as it sure is pretty. I really wish one day, I’ll be just like them, those daisies.

Whenever I walk through the crowded streets, I see nothing but anger in the workers of this town. Bumping into people, complaint that it’s difficult and tiring, all looking down, staring at their phone. It looks miserable, and I hope they find their daisy soon.

When I arrived home, I saw an unfamiliar dog. She is cute, and very, very fluffy. Her collar has a ribbon laced around the edges, and my mother gestures for me to pet her. I really like her, she makes me happy. I called her daisy, because she makes me happy. This town might be miserable, but I am really happy to have found my daisy. Everyone deserves a daisy. Whether it’s something found, or something gained, happiness is what reminds me of that dark and quiet day, opposing images that were pieced together. I really like daisies.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!