Zeus VS Nyx

I am Zeus, King of gods and god of thunder and lightning, winds and rain. It has been a whole millennium since I have battled with Nyx, god of night.
She has destroyed all of my lands magic, and we have become weaker and weaker. We need an eternal way to banish her into the gold chamber, which holds all sinful gods.

We have planned to take her down for years, Eitri is making me a fatal weapon, bound to kill Nyx.
“Eitri, do you have the weapon ready?” I huffed.

“Yes sire, but I need one last item to finalize this weapon”.

“Well, what is it?” I asked.

“Sire, you will have to travel to Nidavellir and retrieve a dying star” Eitri finished.

Nidavellir:
I’m now at the south-east side of Nidavellir, supposedly where the dying star’s located. Suddenly, two black elves darted out of nowhere, armed with swords and bladed gauntlets. One of them hurled a punch then the other tried stabbing me.

“LIGHTNING!” I called, then lightning struck down on us, and the elves were in agonising pain.

I traveled up the snowy mountains, which were steep and craggy. As I was about halfway up, I noticed that the sky was getting darker. “Nyx must be unleashing a threat to my land.

Finally, I made it to the top and there it was, a glamorous star. I picked it up and was about to head home when some elves attacked me from every corner. I used the star to defend myself and then a beam of flashing light coming from the dying star blasted the black elves. One, two, three and four were all down.
“Woah, this is pure energy” I said in amusement.
Mount Olympus:

“Eitri, I’m back!” I puffed. Handing the star to Eitri

“Excellent!” He beamed.

The grabbed some weird orange witch craft potion and crushed the dying star into little bits. He then mixed everything together and the liquid turned into a golden, ductile potion. He poured the potion into a lightning shaped mould and placed it over a fire.

10 minutes later:

“Okay, you’re all set” Eitri said, handing me a gold lightning rod!

“Thanks Eitri ” I thanked him

BLAM! A noise was coming from outside Heitris hut. We walked outside. It was NYX!
I gasped! But I wasn’t worried. We may have lost before but I had my LIGHTNING ROD this time!

“Oh, do you really think your new weapon will stop me? Typical as always Zeus”
Nyx snarled.

“It’s over Nyx, and I will banish you into the gold chamber for life!” I beamed.

The sinful goddess seized her tendrils of black energy as I did with my rod. I darted at her but as I was to hurl my weapon at her she thrusted her tendrils and whipped the rod out my hand. I used the force to grab it, and used the last of its energy to fry her, then banished her into the chamber.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!