Stranded

A boy named Archie was walking through his house about to grab some food from the kitchen. He started munching on some chips and then he went to his Mum and Dad’s room but no-one was there.

He looked all around the house for his parents but they weren’t there! He went back downstairs and put the empty chip packet in the bin. Archie then went on his Mum’s phone. There was a message on there and Archie decided to read it.

It said, “Hi Mel (Archie’s Mum’s name) I’ve never met you but just come to the door because I have a surprise for you. Come here to my sharp claws and I’ll promise that we’ll both remember today.”

Mel replied, “No way!”

“I’ll give you one more chance!”, the next message said.

“No”, she replied.

“See you in 1…2…3!!!”

“Arrrgggghhh!!”, screamed Mel.
Archie was super scared and ran and hid in the cupboard. Archie looked to his right and saw the monster. He was ugly, disgusting and super, super scary!

Archie closed his eyes and then he blacked out. He then opened his eyes and was on a big sandy island.

Archie was flabbergasted! The only things on the island were trees, grass and…Mum!

Mel was lying in a cage and was unconscious. Archie sprinted as fast as he could to Mel. Then a glass wall appeared out of nowhere. Archie ran straight into it and fell backwards. He then walked to a tree to see if there was something he could use.

All he could see was bark and some leaves. Archie sighed, “How am I going to get Mum and I out of here?!”

Archie then saw a little hut in the back of the island. He started walking there to see if there were any people there to help him. He saw a woman who said, “Hi, little child. If you want to escape from this island you have to defeat the cursed monster.”

Archie then knew what he had to do. He ran around the island and dug for weapons everywhere. He found a long, sharp stick to defeat the monster.

It was time to act - but it was night-time so he had to wait. He went to the hut and slept there. Archie woke up and started training for the fight. He practised by hitting a tree with his stick. He then was ready.

The monster was sitting on a scary chair and he punched him before he could stand up and take his sword out of his bag. He swung his sword at Archie who jumped down just in time.

Archie ran to the monster and threw the stick at him. The monster fell into the water in pain. Archie grabbed his Mum and they found a boat and went home.

The monster was never seen again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!