Piper Bolt

Fourteen years today - that’s how long I’ve never stepped foot out of this prison of a skyscraper. Like a princess trapped in her tower.
The world below doesn’t even know I exist.
Hours upon hours of lessons, hours upon hours of questions. Why does dad keep me here? I’m not dangerous. I just have yards and yards of scientifically impossible hair. He never talks about it, but May knows.
She says when my mom was pregnant with me there was an explosion and she got exposed to a new experiment. That substance entered her body and found me.
Nothing showed up at first until my mom became sick, fatally sick, and with her last drops of energy she had me, her little daughter.
Soon after the doctors were poring over me, staring, running tests.
‘It’s not possible. How is it possible?’
The tiny daughter of the infamous Tye Bolt was some sort of superhuman.
A superhuman born with wiry wisps of brunette hair floating, hovering about her.
The world knew of me then, but not anymore.
I’ve been kept up here for too long. I need to be free. How does the saying go? There’s no time like the present. Now’s my chance, and I’ll take it. May’s been training me for this my whole life, giving me all the things I need.
I can do this. I will do this. I’ll take a leap of faith, and soar!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!