The Winter Dragon Cure

I woke up. I felt a scaly and weird body. I got out of my bed and looked in the silver mirror on the other side of my bedroom. I was a dragon! Not a normal dragon, but a Winter Dragon! Winter Dragons are blue and have snow, water and ice powers. They are very rare and only come out in the wintertime. I know a lot about dragons, but I had never been one before now, and I wasn’t sure how I had turned into one.

In my mirror’s reflection, I saw my precious and beautiful dragon book, full of information about dragons. I looked to see if there was anything that could tell me how I had changed into a dragon, and how to change back! I saw my favourite page, Spells. Then I remembered, yesterday I read a spell out loud! That was how I changed into a Winter Dragon, but how do I undo the spell? I flicked through all the white, glossy pages, but sadly there was nothing. There was only one more thing I could think of to do!

When I got downstairs my Mum and Dad both screamed their heads off. “It’s okay, it’s just a spell,” I said.
“Phew,” replied Mum and Dad.
I quickly walked out the door, there was no time to lose! I had to get to Matilda’s! Nervously, I started to flap my wings. I was sure this was how to fly - I had read so many dragon books but none told me how! Miraculously, my full body was lifted into the sky. When I was 15 meters up, I suddenly realized what a fabulous view that I was seeing. Flying is spectacular! It seemed like no time had passed when I arrived at Matilda’s, which would normally take an hour to drive to. I accidentally flew straight into the window. Whoops!

Matilda rushed upstairs to see what was the matter. “Aaaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!!!” Matilda screamed.
“It’s okay, it’s okay, it’s just me,” I said, “I turned into a Winter Dragon and I need you to make a potion to cure me!”
We went downstairs and I saw all the potions. I raced over to them and looked through all the labels but couldn’t find the cure. Matilda, though, took two different potions and poured them into a big jug. One of the potions was labelled dragon change. It was a bright orange colour. The other was named undo, it was an aqua colour. Matilda gave me the gooey potion which had turned a violet colour at the bottom. Strangely, one side was an orange colour for the opposite of the blue Winter Dragon. Matilda held out a spoon with the potion in it, “Drink it”. I drank the potion so very carefully so that nothing spilled.

Immediately, I changed back to my usual self. It felt good to be back. But now, I had a new problem – how was I going to get home?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!