Dance Fantasy

“1 2 3 4 spin pirouette.” I practiced every day for three months but I still didn’t know my ending. My name is Savanah Sweet, I’ve been practicing my routine for a dance competition at the Theatre in three days. I’d been rehearsing at the local park near an oak tree which is always peaceful and quiet. I needed more inspiration but were could I find it? Out of nowhere the oak tree started to shimmer. There was always a hollow hole in the trunk but now it was portal! I was determined to get inspiration so I jumped into it! The world started to spin around me. I suddenly felt myself falling into another world! When I opened my eyes my jaw dropped in shock. A palace on the clouds, animals roaming the trees and many other things. All I could see was happiness and I felt it too. A girl interrupted my thoughts who asked if I was from out of town. She obviously knew because of my face, I really looked like I had never seen this place before. I introduced myself to her and she said her name is Hazel, Hazel Medlie. She has a pet monkey named Cookie. We soon became BFFs. Hazel told me we were in Dance Fantasy and there were lots of things to do. I think I can get some inspiration out of that. Hazel agreed to help me find inspiration on one condition, I stay for lunch so I can show her my dance. That will be once I know the ending of my dance. We went to Puff Park first, I saw a cute little squirrel in a tree but the best part is I’m allowed to keep her! I named her Brownie. We moved on to Cloud Clinic and you won’t believe this, there were actually cloud animals as in made of cloud! It was amazing, I even thought of my next dance move! Hazel said it was an awesome idea. Next, we came across Clam Concert. It was an underwater building with a coral stage and clam seats. It was incredible! Music started to play and people rushed in to hear it, I had one question though. How did they breathe underwater? Hazel told me that everyone in Dance Fantasy can breathe underwater. Suddenly Hazel grabbed my arm and raced to the Cloud Palace, lunch was about to start! We caught a cloud to the palace instead of a taxi like you would in our world. When we got there I was amazed, a feast had been prepared just for me! Two twins named Poppy and Pearl came over to greet us and showed us our seats.
Five Minutes Later
The feast was delicious! Later, before my dance, Hazel, Poppy, Pearl and me went to the nearest playground to play and it was so fun. Soon it was time for me to do my dance. I found inspiration for my dance and even won the competition too!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!