Genoharaden

In a secret chamber below the busy streets of Constantinople, a group of religious assassins called the Genoharaden were lying face down and praying.
“There is no emotion,” the leader pronounced.
“There is peace,” the crowd echoed.
“There is no ignorance,” the leader pronounced.
“There is knowledge,” the crowd echoed.
“There is no passion,” the leader pronounced.
“There is serenity,” the crowd echoed.
“There is no chaos,” the leader pronounced.
“There is harmony,” the crowd echoed.
“There is no death,” the leader pronounced.
“There is the force,” the crowd echoed.
The Genoharaden then stood up and climbed up through a small trapdoor into the back of a textile workshop. They walked out into the noisy market one by one and nobody noticed them.

Only the leader and his apprentice were left in the underground chamber. The leader was the only ones who knew the terrible secrets of the Genoharaden, which he had to pass on to his apprentice when the right time came.
“Brendan, you have to complete three trials to prove your worthiness to receive the Prophet Revan’s Revelation.”
“Master Malak, I am ready!”
“Perfect! Your first task will be to assassinate Bendak!”
“Your will shall be accomplished!” Brendan repeated the standard reply.
“You are dismissed!” Malak ordered and retreated into the dark corridor of the chamber.

Bendak was the richest merchant in Constantinople, he traded with both the Arabs and the Chinese and then sell it to Florence in Italy. When he was examining silk that he had just bought, Brendan was on the roof. He hurled a dagger at Bendak that penetrated his forehead and before anyone had a chance to react, Brendan had vanished.
“Master Malak, I have completed the first trial!” Brendan described how he had assassin Bendak.
“Excellent! May Prophet Revan’s force be with you! Your next task will be to poison Calo!” Malak tossed Brendan a small bag of toxic powder.”
“Your will shall be accomplished!” Brendan replied.

Calo was the renowned boxer in the city. Brendan lurked in a deserted alley as he was walking down to the local tavern. Calo bought a cup of ale and chatted with a fellow boxer. Brendan bribed the bartender to blend in a little bit of his lethal poison, and then pushed the bartender in the toilet and slit his throat just to be sure. Brendan left the tavern through the backdoor, Calo would be dead in two hours.
“My Master, my task was completed.” Brendan announced during a secret meeting.
“Very well, this is your last task!” Malak smirked a little.
“Thy servant shall obey thee.” Brendan stated.
“Your next target shall be Saul Kaurath.”
“Emp…Emperor Saul!?” Brendan cried out with awe.
“Precisely.” Malak hissed.
“Your will shall be accomplished!” Brendan replied.

Next day, shocking news came out that the emperor had been murdered during his dreams.
“Hahahahaha! Brendan, you have been exploited! There is nothing such as Prophet Revan’s Revelations!” Malak roared. Unexpectedly, Malak pulled out his rapier and stabbed Brendan to death.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!