Don't cry over spilt milk

It was a gloomy afternoon. No one was at home besides Peter. His parents were attending a wedding ceremony. Peter felt bored as he had nothing to do. He sighed. There are no books for him to read as he had read all the books in his study room already. Besides, the television was being sent for repair.

Moments later, the doorbell rang. His friends invited him to join them for a motorcycle race. First, Peter rejected their offer because his parents forbidden him from illegal races. However after being persuaded by his friends, he decided to join them in the race.

He went with his friends to a quiet valley with not many vehicles passing by. Bright fluorescent lights shine brightly along the road to indicate the racing route. Loud noises from the motorcycle’s engine were floating in the air. Peter felt very uneasy with the decision that he made. He thought of returning back home so that he would not get into trouble. His friends persuaded him that he would not get into any trouble as his parents were busy with the wedding ceremony. Finally, he gave in and went racing.

He was trilled with the racing experience. He won every race that he participated. After several winnings, he decided to stake. He placed some money as a stake for the next race. He was riding on a metallic blue Kawasaki Z1000 Teaser while his opponent was riding on a metallic red Suzuki Katana 1000. Filled with confidence, he knew that he was going to win the race and earn 450 Aus Dollar. Unfortunately, he was very wrong.

Peter sped with his motorcycle, leaving his opponent very far behind. His face carried a satisfying grin as he knew that he was going to win the race easily. Suddenly, his opponent sped passed him. He was shocked. Feeling challenged, Peter increased the speed of his motorcycle. After a few kilometres, he finally caught up with his opponent.

Few more kilometres then the race will over. Peter increased the speed of his motorcycle to its maximum speed. The speed meter was vibrating very hard. Out of the blue, a metallic red Mitsubishi Lancer appeared in front of Peter. Peter saw that his parents were in the car. His parents made a sharp turn to avoid hitting Peter. However, Peter was too focused on winning the race. Finally, he reached the finishing line. Everyone at the finishing line cheered him.

Moments later, the sound of the ambulance’s siren broke the excitement. Two injured adults covered with blood were being carried into the ambulance. One of the policemen called for him and told him what had happened.

Tears of guilt rolled down his cheeks forming a puddle of tears at his feet. His heart shrunk filled with sorrow and regret. However it was too late, what was done cannot be undone. His parents were found dead in their car. It was his fault that he is now an orphan.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!