Rapunzel, rapunzel with hair so short

“Welcome Ladies and Gents and all Fairy Tale creatures to the 4005 Olympic Games at Walt Disney. First up today is the women’s 25m swimming and in Lane one is Rapunzel, Lane two, Snow White. Now Snow White, are your seven dwarfs here with you today?” asked the commentator.
“Yes they are. They’re in the crowed cheering me on and I might add I am the fairest one of them all!” said Snow White, trying to bluff the others.
“Right, now in Lane three is the Little Mermaid, who is the all time champion of this race. There’s her dad in the stands. King Trident, how are things under the sea?”
“Things under the sea, well, under the sea is the only place to be, that is all” said King Trident in a king-like way
“Thanks for that King Trident. Now, in Lane four is Sleeping Beauty. You’re not going to fall to sleep at the start of the race are you?” asked the commentator.
“I shouldn’t think so” said Sleeping Beauty.
“Thanks for that, Sleeping Beauty. And that is all from me, the race is about to begin!” yelled the commentator.


They all stepped up on to the starting marks. Their eyes were on the water like an owl waiting to catch its prey.
“Take your marks. GO!”
They dived in like gentle giants into an invisible, clean mist. Then they rose.
“But wait, Rapunzel has got her hair stuck in the lane rope! I repeat Rapunzel has got her hair stuck in the lane rope! What a ridiculous, but historical moment. Someone help her get out of the water” yelled the commentator
“And back to the race. The Little Mermaid is in front by two body lengths. Sleeping Beauty is speeding up, she is now right behind the Little Mermaid, they’re one metre away from the finish line and The Little Mermaid wins the race” yelled the commentator in a jolly way.


“Welcome to Fairy Tale news, and we have some ground breaking news.Today at the Olympics, Rapunzel got her hair stuck in the lane rope. I repeat Rapunzel got her hair stuck in the lane rope. Guess who was there to rescue her, well, it is the man of every woman’s dreams, Prince Charming. And this is what happened. Prince Charming ran from the side of the pool. Dived in and cut Rapunzel’s hair free from the lane rope then did some type of carry to safety thing, which saved Rapunzel from a mouth full of water. Thank you and good night” said the news reporter.

And Rapunzel, Prince Charming lived happy ever after.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!