Banned

Banned

This is the story of a girl whose government banned all surfing for girls.
This is Carlie’s story.

Carlie has all the thing’s a girl could want. She was popular, had a football star boyfriend, billionaire parents, a phone, a two million dollar car and was a cheerleader. She had all a girl could wish for. Well every body thought and assumed that. She knew she didn’t. She didn’t have surfing.

Carlie wasn’t just a pretty face. Her School was holding try outs for a place on the team to surf for Australia. Carlie secretly surfs at Gondwana every day on the way home from school. Carlie had an idea, she was going to dress up as a boy and win the competition.

She went straight home that day and cut up her dresses to make singlets. She made holes in her jeans and added her own touch of spray paint graffiti to any shirts that didn’t have fur or pink on them. And without a care in the world cut her beautiful long blonde hair short and dyed it chocolate brown. She inserted brown-eyed contacts.

The try out day at Kelsey Beach and it’s Carlie’s turn. She swerves left, right, back over the wave and comes on to the beach. “Whoa!’ A 9,8 and a10! That’s my three rounds, I got through,” Carlie cried. “ I won, bring on the nationals ha ha.” ‘Oh no! How will I tell mum and dad”, Carlie thought.

Three days later Carlie had dinner with her parents with her wig on. “Hey mum, dad, can I go to America and watch the surfing world titles tomorrow?” Carlie asked “Yeah, whatever or any form of “yes” you kids say these days,” replied Marco (Carlie’s dad) while he mutters about shares and interest rates.

It is now the time and place of the Champion World Title Surf Off. Carlie’s first opponent is a previous world number one surfer his name is Karr Fritter from Jamaica. Carlie beats him because of his stack. Carlie smoothes her way through the competition beating every guy in the comp. The Grand Final Round and Carlie is up against current world Champion, Sao Jones. Sao is up first he breaks the breaks and rips the rips. From the three judges he ends with a 9, 9 and an 8 and a half.

Carlie has a crazy thought she runs to bathroom tears her boardies, wetsuit and contacts off and replaces it with her bikini. She prays that her Government is watching and announces that she is a girl and begins to surf.

Carlie didn’t win but she showed courage and determination and because of that her Government now allows surfing for women. Carlie was surprised at the amount of women that love surfing.

THE END


Ainslie McCormick Grade 6 Chancellor State College

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!