Zachariah

The doors and windows in Zachariah’s room were tightly shut as he knew the furry of the winter cold would be bashing on them tonight, but he suddenly awoke as if they had all opened with aloud bang. The darkness swarmed him as he opened his eyes to the darkness of his room. He reached over to where his glasses should be but they have somehow fallen to the floor again. Falling out of bed he, stumbled on the ground trying to feel for them. He reached under his bed and felt something rather odd, he knew that whatever was under there was not his glasses. He slowly drew his hand away and without his glasses tried to light a candle. With the new warm light he was able to see more clearly but still no where near what he could see with his glasses. He looked down at his feet and there right next to his foot was something that resembled his glasses. Bending over to pick them up he noticed some movement from under his bed, soaking up the light with his eyes he looked back at the bottom of his bed. Curiosity took over his fear as he bent down closer and closer to the floor. He lifted up his blanket and there to Zachariah’s surprise was a fluff ball. He was totally dumbfounded, but he was still curious so he went in for a closer look. Picking it up with his hand, he could fell a faint heartbeat. “A Heartbeat?” he thought out loud. The fluff ball made a quiet squeak, and Zachariah dropped it. Taking a big breath he grabbed it off the floor again, hoping he hadn’t hurt it. He then cleared fluff away from where he heard the squeak. Under all of the fluff, there was some cute eyes completely black unlike anything he has seen before. He could also see a nose and what could be a mouth. The fluff ball then made another noise, this time Zachariah did not drop it. “Wow aren’t you cute” he said astonished, “Where did you come from”. The Fluff ball made another noise like it understood Zachariah. But he was too tired to care much anymore, with the fluff ball in hand he snuggled down into bed and started to fall asleep, the fluff ball made one last sound as Zachariah thought to himself what a weird day. Then he let sleep consume his body, as the light of his room once again faded into the night. With the faint heartbeat of the fluff ball soothing them both to sleep, they were in for a peaceful night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!