Vampire Cat

I had just moved next to a haunted house. My best friend, a male black cat called Dusty, and I had been studying the strange house. So far we had not seen anyone enter or leave the house. The house was old, very mysterious and gloomy looking. Numerous bats flew in and out of the attic every night. I could tell by his actions that Dusty was curious and wanted to investigate.
I went up to the old front door and pulled it. Surprisingly it was unlocked. I went in, Dusty was quick to follow. We crept down the hallway and found two doors. Dusty quietly meowed at one of the doors so I opened that one. The door led to a long winding staircase. I had a strange feeling that we were heading up to the attic. As we climbed the stairs we brushed through cobwebs and some of the stairs creaked. At the top of the stairs was another door. I opened that one too. The attic was small, creepy and the roof was so low I couldn’t stand up. Inside was a horrifying sight. There was a skeleton on the floor near an intriguing wardrobe. My attention was drawn from the skeleton as I kneeled down and began to crawl toward the wardrobe.
Dusty was ahead of me and as I arrived, two vampire bats flew out and tried to bite me. I jumped up in fright and banged my head on the roof. The next thing I knew I was laying on the floor, not sure if I was dead or alive. I could hear a lot of commotion going on and I realised that Dusty was fighting the vampire bats. After the fight was over I slowly raised to my knees. The bodies of the vampire bats were lying on the floor. Dusty was sitting next to them licking his paw. I saw blood on his paw. He had been bitten, now he was a vampire cat.
I softly called Dusty’s name and he looked up at me. His eyes had turned a blood red colour. Frightened, I backed away from Dusty, I didn’t want to be a vampire too, but dusty kept coming. Soon I was cornered, but Dusty came up to me and rubbed against my legs. Obviously he wasn’t going to break up our friendship that easily. I patted him, so happy he was back, but we still had to get out of the house before something else strange happened. Soon we were out of the haunted house and back home.
The next morning Dusty woke me as usual. As soon as I peered into his blood red eyes I knew it had not been a dream. The next night Dusty and I went back to haunted house to try a different door….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!