Geez!

‘’But mum, I can’t look after these little kids, they are maniacs when you turn around.’’
“But you have to, look at them, they are beautiful angels, you are going to look after them wether you like it or not, no ifs or buts.’’ The problem with parents is that they only see the outside of little bubs. When you have to babysit them, they act like a chimpanzee on steroids. The little kid’s names are Emma and Emily; they are the worst kids that I have ever seen. Geez! “Mum, you can’t let me do this, I beg of you please!” I start to do my fake crying. I start to kneel on the floor holding on to Mum’s legs.

Mum just shuffles her feet out of my iron grip and walks out of the door shaking her head like those heads in the show. Left to right and left to right. Mum is going tusk, tusk as she goes in the car. She skids of in the distance. Geez!

I go back in the house Emma and Emily is having a tea party playing along nicely. So far so good. I go to watch TV, round the twist, my most ever favourite show, the dust monster.

Suddenly there is a crash coming from the kitchen. I run to the kitchen and Emma and Emily are having a fight or rather, playing target practise with the pots and pans. Geez! They are throwing the pots and pans at the window. Suddenly Emily is hanging on to the fan while it is going around and around and around and so on. Geez! I hear a cracking noise coming from the roof. The fan falls to the ground landing on Emily. Emily crawls from and the mangled fan. She isn’t injured at all.

Where’s Emma? I go outside and there is Emma. Thank goodness, she’s safe. Apart from the fact that she is on top of the roof, about to jump off with an umbrella above her head. “Don’t do it Emma!” she does it. It’s as if she is falling in slow motion. She bumps the ground on full speed; the umbrella is a wreck, mums favourite one too. Geez!

Suddenly the house blows up. I think that Emily as tampered the gas system, the bits fall to the ground, plaster, wood, metal, lots of other materials fall down, quite unusual things as well, piggy banks safes, you name it. But don’t name uncle bill.

Emily scrawls from under the house. She some burns on her arms but she isn’t harmed. There is mum’s car. Mum looks as surprised as a cow that has just been screamed at.

Geez! Is going to go ballistic! I don’t believe what has just happened. And guess what, Emma and Emily are going to blame the whole situation on me. I mean just me!

Geez!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!