Undiscovered Cup

One warm summer’s morning in 1997, Steph was awoken by the sound of a rooster’s crow and the smell of fresh egg waiting to be eaten. This wasn’t any ordinary morning, it was the morning Steph and her horse would start training for the Junior Divisions Undiscovered Cup! Steph got dressed faster than a cheetah and rushed downstairs to eat breakfast. Once she had finished, she grabbed a bucket of apples and raced through the door. She had sprinted as fast as she could to a dark brown horse with a long, wavy mane the colour of chocolate and started feeding him right away.

About half an hour later, a tall, strong man appeared in the shadows. This man’s name was Samuel. He was the one that had been training Steph for ten years! They got to work right away and by the end of the day, both Sandy and Steph were as exhausted as a man that just swum the Pacific Ocean.

The competion was drawing closer and closer and soon enough it was the day before the competion. Meanwhile, Steph was trying to find a distraction from her nerves. At that moment Steph’s best friend Jessica rung up and told her great news. She had said that she had entered Steph in a last minute competion and luckily she was accepted. Steph hung up and arrived just in time for her round. The competion was soon over and Steph had won first place, $10,000 worth of prize money and she was interviewed for a top sports show called Zone!

The big day had finally arrived and when Steph had entered the grounds she immediately went to alert the announcers that she was here. However, when she told them, they said she was disqualified because she was interviewed and the competition was for undiscovered riders only.

After Steph had done a little investigating she found out that her so called friend Jessica had set her up! She alerted the announcers that second. The competition had been postponed and even though she didn’t win, she was still happy she got to compete.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!