Japanese Whaling- A Whale's Perspective

I am swimming along having a great time when suddenly, the shadow of a boat covers me. I think it is a whale watching boat so I am going to put on a display of splashes. I swim out from under the boat’s shadow and swim towards the surface. I am getting ready for an almighty jump out of the water. I jump out and create a massive splash. When I jump out of the water I see a big boat with people pointing and yelling at each other. I think they are calling to each other to come and see me. I decide to jump once more. As I jump out of the water, something hits me. I can feel it in my back. All of a sudden I feel tired. I feel like I am chained up. I can feel myself getting pulled out of the water and onto the back of the ship. I see a bright light and then nothing. Suddenly a beach with crystal clear water appears right in front of me. I want to swim in the waves. It looks so beautiful. I decide to swim in the ocean. I swim around for a while and then I decide to go and get the rest of my family so they can enjoy this beautiful beach with them. All oceans are connected so I don’t see why I won’t be able to get to my family. I turn to swim away but now I can feel a stabbing pain in my stomach. I look down at it. My belly has been cut open and slices of my skin are falling off. I would be dying if this was happening to me. Then it hit me. I am dead. I have been killed by some so called ‘Whale watchers’! It all makes sense now. The boat, the bright light, everything. I am in heaven. My own paradise. If my family were here I don’t think they would enjoy it with me anyway. At least I know that there will be no one trying to kill me in my paradise. It’s just me. All on my own; In a place nobody can find me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!