Earthquake

It all started when we were at school on a Monday. It was just after lunch time and we were doing this week’s maths and Steph, Vivian, Krystal and I were correcting our work. We were just getting ready to do English when everything started shaking. Things were flying everywhere. It was an EARTHQUAKE!

Steph, Vivian, Krystal and I all ducked for cover while everyone else stood there, too scared to move. Even the bravest boys in the class didn’t move! It shaked like jelly and it was the scariest earthquake ever! A bookshelf fell on top of the girls. The heater fell on the boys. It was a disaster! So far Steph, Vivian, Krystal and I were the only people alive. We were all as scared as if we had seen a ghost.

The earthquake went for a couple more minutes and then we ran into the corridor and checked if anyone was alive. Everyone was dead. We went outside and all the houses were wrecked. All except one.

We ran into the house (not knowing it was haunted) and it was as cold as ice. The disgusting cobwebs touched our skin. It was a nightmare! The house was old and rotten and it smelt like really bad body odour. We ran upstairs and we heard singing. It was the best singing I have ever heard. We opened the door. There was a little girl named Carla (We knew that because it had her name on her door) but the freaky thing was that she was a ghost!

The girl named Carla was about eight years old we guessed and she wore a big old dress that looked like rags. She said “Help me” in a frightened voice but we got too scared we ran away.

Then I heard my alarm clock going off! It was just a dream!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!