Undusted Red Wine

The little boy wondered into the abandoned house, trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible. He had run away from his home earlier that night, as his parents were both dead and his foster home was very violent. He dragged his bag out of the pouring rain. The gloomy mood of the house didn't help the little boy who still mourned his parents. That night, he slept in the house and he was never seen again.
The bottle spun, slowly, until it pointed at Izzy. Her best friend, Lilly, then smiled and dared her to enter and explore the abandoned house where many people had disappeared. Izzy tried to act brave and she agreed and didn't chicken out. The next night, Izzy, walked all alone toward the abandoned house. All of a sudden it started pouring, just like it did that night many years ago when the little boy disappeared. She felt a chill go down her spine as she stepped into the house. The floorboards creaked and the whole house was very unsteady.
She walked into what had been the kitchen and immediately smelt a stench that turned her stomach upside down. She ran from the kitchen and walked to where a dining room was. The table was set up and glasses of bright red wine sparkled. The table had no sign of dust and looked like it had just been set. Izzy began to feel very nervous. She cautiously crept up the stairs and heard screaming sounds. She opened a door and screamed. Inside, were faint ghostly figures which reached out to her, pulling her in, begging her to stay with them...forever.
Izzy ran all the way to the front door and was stopped by a shadowy figure.
“So how did you like my house?” The tall figure asked. Izzy, frozen in fear, didn't answer. “Well, I can't let you leave now that you have seen what is inside!” The shadowy figure cackled. Then the vampire sunk her teeth into Izzy's neck.
Two years later, a boy and his friends walked near the abandoned house and heard screams of a girl, in pain. They then made plans. Plans to explore the house. What a mistake they just made.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!