Jaws Crush Bones

JAWS CRUSH BONES

A teenage girl was attacked by a great white shark in Warnabool on February 23rd 2008. She had some serious injuries to the left leg. She was swimming about 15 meters from the beach when a 4 meter shark attacked her.

“At first I thought it was a dolphin” she told us. She also told us that she remembered getting dragged along the water by the leg. A moment later she said she saw the water go bright red from all her blood.

Her leg injuries were severe. She had four chunks taken out of her left leg. Unfortunately she broke her left leg and tore her right calf.

A local on the beach, Susie Lendy, heard her scream but the life saver was getting lunch. The local’s husband, Luke Lendy, went out to save her. Luke dragged her onto the beach because she couldn’t walk and called 000. The ambulance arrived and so did her family. They were terrified. She was rushed into hospital.

Unfortunately after the horrific attack, Lola lost lots of blood. She is currently in a stable condition and she will be needing surgery. The head of the emergency centre said “she won’t be getting out any time soon.” We quickly asked Lola before the doctor made us leave if she would consider going back in the water after this horrible attack. She paused for a minute and said “I’ll try to.”

There you have it, a tough girl.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!