Genie





The sky was dark and heavy with clouds. A boy called Ben was bored, watching TV. So he went to his room, walking slowly up the creaky stairs. When he entered his room he suddenly tripped on a metal handle under a shaggy rug on the wooden floor.
Ben carefully moved the rug. There was the handle. Ben lifted up the handle. A secret room!
It was pitch black in the room but he could still see, just.
He walked down the ladder and saw a box in the corner of the room. Ben opened the box, and there was a golden lamp inside.
It was very dusty so he rubbed it. Suddenly a genie shot out and bellowed, “You have three wishes!”
“That’s amazing!” said Ben, “I always wished I would find a genie. I wish to climb out of this dark room so I can see.” They climbed out of the room. When they got out of the dark room Ben looked at the genie and said “I wish to know why you are in a lamp and I wish to know why you are blue.”
“That’s because Genies live in lamps, and it is very cold in the lamp!”
“And that is all of your three wishes!” exclaimed the Genie.
Ben never asked silly questions again.
By Jake Thomas

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!