Pain Of The Mountain Race

As the tough wind blew rapidly, rich amber curls touched gently on my frosty cheek which was as rough as a scary, terrifying alligator's skin. My painful hands, tortured by the sharp, dangerous rocks when it was scratched.
Hundreds, thousands, millions of dull and unpleasant rain fell slowly down the dusty yet amazing mountain. Ignoring the unfortunate weather and pain was hard but I had to win the competition.If I didn't win, some of the most horrifying, parsimonious and gruesome competitors would laugh and tease me with many revolting words.
I felt like a gigantic hippo trying to walk an extremely small step without feeling the sickening weight.
I continued climbing exhaustedly as I felt unbelievable trickles of murky, crimson blood covering my powerless hand. It was a shame I didn't wear ardent, protective gloves although it was difficult to find such a thing in such a small place.
A shimmering gleam appeared swiftly in my eye but it was laborious to see what it was. Carelessly, I continued climbing until I couldn't feel any rock. Did I finish climbing? I looked up excitedly and used my aching legs to climb up. Relaxation came to me as I sat on the uncomfortable mountain. I didn't finish the race. In front of me was was something I have never seen in my entire life.It sparkled like gold but I had no idea of what to do. Either continue climbing or stay here protecting it from any other person.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!