Ratamouse

In a kitchen not far from here, lived a mouse called Jamie and his big brother rat called Archie. They were the best of friends and the last of their family. Jamie was 9, he was small and good looking. Archie on the other hand was big, chubby and worked at a supermarket called Cheese Corp.

One day Archie and Jamie decided to go for a walk in the house. Archie thought he was really tough and strong for going into the kitchen but Jamie was scared. He was thinking of all the dangers-mouser traps, knives, people, cats and worst of all Mouse Poison!!!

So they went in. Archie lead them both, Jamie was terrified. They came to the sink but they called it the ‘water drop’. All of a sudden they saw it, a mouse trap!

Jamie asked, “Why did you stop?”

Archie responded, “A M.T, it’s a M.T, a mouse trap.”

They walked past slowly, they got past. Then Archie tripped. He fell into the trap. SNAP!! The trap went off, Jamie went down to Archie.

His last words were “I will see you again.”

As he went, Jamie whispered “Goodbye brother.”

Jamie sat there for minutes, minutes turned into hours, hours turned into a day. Jamie who was still sad went and got an empty mach box and put Archie in. He loaded Archie into a cart and they road off to New Rat City, where all their friends were. Archie and Jamie live in kitchen and their friends don’t live there.
They were half way through their journey when they saw something or someone. It stood in the middle of the track.

These people came up behind him; he said “We all want Archie!”

Jamie froze. He didn’t know what to do. So what would you do in a time like this, would you run, would you tell the truth? Well anyway Jamie took the cart with Archie in it and ran right through the middle of them. They started to chase them. Jamie just kept running and running. He didn’t want the army to catch them. Finally they got to New Mouse City.

The first thing they did was go to there best friend’s resort, it was called rodent villa- takes family’s away for weekends away, call 98 wow stop!!

Back to the story. Well they went to the front desk, he asked for a room. The rat at the front desk was big, handsome, had a small tail just like it was cut off by something sharp. Well anyway they stayed in room 99 1 off 100.

After a few days Jamie noticed something, the army was staying next door. Jamie was scared. He packed his bags, got Archie and ran. They saw him! Then he put Archie in the cart then he turned to face them then… shoom! A little sleep dart hit him.

He woke up in a room, it smelt like beer and meat, it smelt yuck. Just then a rat came in to the room, he mumbled where is Archie?

Jamie didn’t say anything he was too astonished then he replied “he is dead!”

The rat froze, he stood there. He stared at Jamie. Jamie stared back.

Then the rat painfully said I am sorry, “I did not know, sorry.”

In the end Jamie got in his cart and rode down the track. But that isn’t the end of the story.

The rat ran out of the house, he yelled, “I can help you with Archie.”

The cart stopped, it turned back too the house, Jamie got out.

The rat grumbled “come in side.”

Jamie went inside. They went in to a room with a big machine in it.

The rat said “it is the old killing machine but we changed it just for you, now it is a bringing back to life machine.”

Jamie put Archie into the machine.

Jamie told Archie, “We will see each other again.”

The rat turned the machine on he was blinded by the lights then the lights stoped a big door opened! Archie walked out. Jamie ran to him they gave each other the biggest hug ever. They went outside, got in their cart and started on the journey home. On the way home Jamie told Archie all the exciting adventures about the rat. When they got home they sat on their sofa, had a drink and finally they went to bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!