Under The Sea

Once there lived a little girl called Kate who lived by the sea. She had a sister and a brother named Jessica and Jack. Kate also had her two wonderful parents. One gloomy grey day Kate got out of bed and went down to the shore to see her dad who went fishing on his boat every day. When Kate got there she saw that her dad was not there.
‘Oh no’, said Kate. ‘Whatever am I going to do?’
She went back to her house to see her sister and brother. When she arrived she saw that they were looking for her and their mother.
“Jessica, Jack! Come here!” said Kate.
“Oh thank goodness” said Jessica in great relief.
“We almost lost you” exclaimed Jack. “We were so frightened.”
“It’s all right, I’m back but I’ve got some bad news” said Kate.
“What’s wrong?” asked Jessica.
“This morning I went down to the beach to see Daddy. But he wasn’t there. Mum and dad are probably having a romantic time together” said Kate.
“Yeah” said Jack in a calming voice.
“Look over there, it’s Sailor George” said Kate.
“Well good morning children. How are you?”
“Not very good” Kate responded in a sad, gloomy voice.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
Kate explained that their parents were missing.
“That doesn’t sound very nice” said Sailor George with a strange look on his face. “Tomorrow I will go out to sea and see if I can find them either alive or dead.”
“Thanks that will be a big help” the children responded hopefully.
“No problemo. I’m here to help.” said Sailor George.
“We can’t thank you enough” said Jessica.
“Well I have an important meeting to attend to,” and Sailor George waved goodbye. He walked away until the three children couldn’t see anyone in sight.
The very next day the children went into the village to find Sailor George. They found him lying on a hammock.
“Good morning children. Let’s get going before the sea get rough.”
So the three children followed Sailor George to his ship.
“It’s a lovely day to go sailing” said Sailor George in a half cheerful voice.
“No it’s not!” yelled the three adorable children.
Captain George’s ears exploded. “Kids settle down. Let’s get going.” They sailed away.
In the distance they spotted a shipwreck - their parents were trapped inside.
“Look they are shipwrecked” exclaimed Jessica.
They all tried and tried but they couldn’t pull them out. So they dived into the water and found an old book that was their mother and fathers.
“Look, it says that you can find a key and a special piece of seaweed” said Jack.
“Is that all you need?” asked Kate.
“Yup. Now let’s go” answered Jack.
So the three children started swimming until they found a sign of something.
“Hey guys look what I have found” said Kate.
“It’s the key. Wow you’ve found the key already” said Jessica.
“Come on guys, stop staring at the key and let’s go” said Kate.
As they moved on Jack found the special piece of seaweed but poor little Jessica, she found nothing.
“Ok Jack, what do we use them for?” asked Kate.
“Well it says here that you use the key to unlock the door to the ship and use the seaweed to measure when we are almost there” answered Jack.
So they followed the instruction and freed their parents. Luckily they were still alive and they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!