Can Enemies Be Friends?

Hi, I’m Sarah and I go to East Gate P.S! I am 12 years old and I have lots of friends! Even though I’m the shortest in my grade, every girl in my grade respects me except for one girl called Amy! Amy is like two times taller than me! Amy and I hate each other and never talk to each other, we’re basically like enemies!

Life was good at East Gate P.S until this new boy called Shawn came! Shawn was tall and tough. Soon, all the boys in my grade were friends with Shawn and he was like their leader! About two weeks later, everyone was scared of the boys in my grade and I hate to admit it, but I was a bit scared too!

It didn’t take long before the group of boys started to bully the kids that were younger than them! We told the teachers about what was happening, but when the boys faced the teachers, they acted like angels!
One day, when we had just finished school, I saw the boys in my grade looking bored, so I tried to avoid them! I wasn’t very successful because just as I was going around them, Shawn saw me and whispered something to the other boys and the whole group of boys started to come near me! I tried to run but it was too late, they had surrounded me, there was no way out! A boy snatched my schoolbag and started passing it around! I tried to snatch it of them, but the boy threw it over my head! Then something amazing happened, Amy was about to go home when she saw me! She quickly ran to the staffroom and got the principle! I saw him and Amy approach, but the boys didn’t notice a thing! Soon the principle was behind Shawn and all the boys stopped, everyone except Shawn, he still hadn’t noticed! This could be a long story, but I’ll make it short. The principle yelled at the boys and Shawn got into a lot of strife! Soon, everyone had gone except Amy and me!
‘Um, Amy,’ I said softly, ‘Thanks for calling the principle!’
Amy blushed. ‘No worries,’ she answered, and for the rest of that day, I only had one question in my head, Can enemies be friends?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!