JED THE MUTT

In 2005 we decided to get a little companion for the house. So we took a look in the pet shop in East Gardens, Maroubra, and we saw a very cute Golden Labrador in the window of the shop. It was a beautiful little dog and only 6 weeks old. So we made up our mind and we got him.

On our way back home we were deciding on some names for the dog. We somehow came up with Dud and Fin but then we came up with Jed. Over the next fue days, Jed was loving it, along with us, until he had chewed the BBQ gas cord. We let him go for this incident. So my dad went and got another gas cord. That night my dad woke up and herd a chewing sound. He said “it couldn’t be” and he ran outside and there Jed was, chewing the brand new gas cord. My dad was so angry. The next day we took Jed on his first walk. He was great and he really seemed to like the beach when we walked passed it. So we all took him down to the beach late at night and he had a great time. We took Jed on a walk every day and he loved it.

Jed was unfortunately blind in the dark. When the holidays came we had to put Jed in the kennel while we went to NZ. When we got back the lady was very angry at Jed as he had chewed the hose. We had to pay for it but we still had a laugh. We brought Jed back to the unit and we went shopping. When we got back home we saw a mice ran through the kitchen. We didn’t see it until when we were cooking in the kitchen that night. Jed was laying on the floor when the mice ran right over his nose and he didn’t even move. That was so funny. The next fue weeks have been great. Until he was running around the corner and bumped into the fan and the fan fell on him, he was so scared that he sprayed poo all over the wall.

The next couple of years we move to Frenchs Forest. We moved everything in by only one year. We had to come up with a new walking route for the dog. So we went for a walk around and we came up with a great route. We had also found a dog park. Jed loves it there. But the only bad thing is that he will hump any dog male or female. That was gross. Another down side is that he slips on the tiles in the kitchen and if you go near him when he is attempting to walk on them, he will freak out and try to grip onto anything he can, lets say, your tows ‘ouch!’.

At night time we let him out to go to the toilet and then we put him in the laundry. But you have to go passed the tiles to get to the laundry. So every night we either get a bleeding tow or a very sore foot. One night we herd Jed crying, so I went down stairs and there he was standing right in the middle of the tiles. When i turned on the light he started to have frenzy and he was jumping all over the place until he stopped by sitting down. We ended up putting him outside every night.

One day when we were having breakfast my dad didn’t eat his egg white. So we gave it to the dog. Five minutes later he vomited it up. I had to pick it up, yuck!.
In rainy days Jed doesn’t take cover and he just sits in the rain. So that is why I called my dog Jed the mutt.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!