You And I

“Geez why did I have to be in the hospital during summer” I said talking to myself.
“Hello room service” said a cheery girl that came into my room,
“Alice! What do you think you’re doing” Said Doctor Tan “Sorry Erik, Alice was just curious when she heard about a family sending their child to a hospital when he only fell down.”
“Hahaha it’s alright I was bored anyways, hi Alice I’m Erik” I said
“Nice to meet you Erik, I’m Alice” said Alice. It might just be a fun summer after all I thought. Alice and I regularly kept in touch, but I wondered why she visited the hospital often.
“Hey Alice, you’re always at the hospital” I said “why?” I looked at Alice when I asked that, she turned red.
“It’s a secret” she said as she smiled. My heart thumped and she walked away, during that moment I wanted her to stay with me longer.

“Oh! Alice you’re here” said Doctor Tan “It’s time for your check up”
“OK” said Alice,”
“Your Quite friendly with Erik aren’t you?” said the doctor with a grin. Alice blushed and said nothing.
“Alice your disease is getting worse, are you sure you don’t want to stay in the hospital?” Said Doctor Tan,
“No, I’ve already made my choice” said Alice as she walked out of the doctor’s office.
“Hey! Alice your still here” I said
“Hey Erik’ she replied,”
I began talking “I have something to say, I like…
“Erik! It’s time for your check-up what are you doing” said the nurse
“Coming, I’ll tell you later ok” I said. I looked at the doctor after my check up and asked what the results were, the doctor looked sad and said “I’m sorry to say this but you have Coronary heart disease… you won’t be living long but we’ll try to do what we can.”I ran off during that conversation and saw Alice and stopped,
“So what were you about to tell me Erik?” said Alice, I was going to confess my feeling I had for her but because of this disease I would only be a burden to her.
“Oh, it was nothing important” I said
“well, I have something important to tell you then” said Alice ‘I like you’.
"I’m sorry Alice but I have someone else" I said. This was for the best of us I thought,
“Then why didn’t you tell me” Alice said in a sad tone, she started to cry and ran off.

“Poor girl she has Cardiomyopathy and was rejected” said a nurse. I felt remorseful and ran after her but my heart started to hurt, as I clutched it I fell down.
“EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY” yelled a doctor “at this rate he won’t make it.”

Alice was running and fell down she started to choke and clenched on her heart, Erik was in the surgery room and his heart rate was going down Beep…, Erik died, Alice stopped moving.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!