Camping In Echuca

One day in the holidays last year my family went to Echuca for two weeks.
We were trying to find a place to camp and we found a beautiful place near the river with house boats going past but we thought there were too many people there.
We kept driving but we couldn’t find any where, so we asked a man where he thought was a good place to camp. So we went by his instructions and set up camp there.
It was a great place but at one stage it was unpleasant when a house boat went past with a woman singing ‘I’m beautiful’ (unfortunately she was naked) it was quite a bad thing to see.
We went to the city centre of Echuca to have a look around. It wasn’t so big but it one of the best places to camp.
While we were gone we set the yabbie net. We knew that in that time there was 1 percent chance of catching a yabbie so we left it.
We went and got some wood from up the road and lit the fire. Within half an hour we were cooking tea. After tea we cooked some marshmallows on the fire. A few hours later we decided to go to bed. In the morning we cooked toast in the toasting fork and had that for breakfast.
Later we went down to the river to check the yabbie net and I started fishing. Unfortunately I didn’t catch any fish. I guess because I didn’t have much experience. We did eventually catch a yabbie.
Each day we saw a lot of house boats. Some looked new and some looked old and we could tell the difference. We got back to the camp and ate lunch. The second week I had to go to my dads for a holiday. A week after that I met my mum at the camp. We started to pack up to leave for a long trip home.
I loved my time in the bush. And didn’t want to leave but we are planning another trip. That’s how much we loved it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!