Georgias Adventure

It was Sunday morning in April, Georgia was beginning to arise for the new day. Today was going to be a good day she thought, even though she had a vague feeling that something was going to go wrong, as always.
“Breakfasts ready” she heard her mother call from the kitchen. She threw off her doona, stepped into her slippers and made her way down to the kitchen.
“Morning Mum” she said tiredly, “are we going on that bush walk today?” Georgia asked.
“Yes, were leaving at ten, so get ready soon.”

Georgia finished the last bite of her toast, and made her way to the bathroom.
The clock struck ten and Georgia and her mother just stepped out the door.

15minutes later the car pulled up, both stepping out of the car to face a large expanse of trees. There was a small track running through the trees that looked like it was made by animals.
“Let’s go” Georgia said excitedly.
They set off into the trees. Georgia’s mother was carrying a back-pack containing, water, food and a mobile.
“Can I have some water mum?”
“Sure”
She took off the back-pack and rummaged through it looking for the water.
“Here it is” handing over the water.
They started walking again, Georgia still sipping from the bottle. She took another sip when she tripped over a large tree root that was protruding from the soft earth.

Her mother spun around at the sound of the scream, and in time to see Georgia tumbling down the hill.
“GEORGIA, GEORGIA” she screamed.
Peering over the side of the hill, she could see no sign of her. It was horribly steep. Reaching into the bag for the phone, she tried ringing 000 but there was no reception.
She dumped the bag and ran back to the car to look for reception.

Meanwhile down at the bottom of the hill, Georgia awoke with a large gash on her head. Standing up, feeling dizzy and confused, she began to walk. Stumbling along, until she tripped over as hard concrete step. Looking up, Georgia saw a large scary looking house looming above her.

Realizing that she was bleeding quite a lot, she made the decision to knock on the heavy wooden door.
Nobody answers, she knocked again…… nobody answered again. Georgia reached for the door handle, surprisingly it turned with ease. She pushed open the heavy old door and stepped carefully over the thresh hold. Every step she took the floor boards creaked under even her light weight.

Suddenly with no hesitation the door slammed shut. Georgia spun around to see a man behind the door. He had white skin, dried, cracked lips, black eyes and dirty, torn clothing. He jumped at her, pushing her to the ground with his surprising strength. Reaching for a large hammer he raised it above her head……

Within a sudden moment she was bolt upright in her bed, with a cold sweat on her forehead. Another nightmare she thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!