Bang!

Bang!

It was another dark and cloudy day. No birds sang and no crickets chirped. All was silent. It had been raining for three days nonstop and no one knew when it would end.

Lydia and her friend Charlie were sitting at their desks doing their final Year 7 Test, but neither of them could concentrate. They were wondering when this relentless rain would stop and when the dreariness would go away. All of a sudden there was a loud BANG!

They both jumped up and bolted to the windows. Then it happened! The rain stopped. It started pouring down ash. Their teacher was now at the windows with them. They all stood there in amazement as a huge blood red meteorite crashed down to earth. Lydia and Charlie started running around frantically. Lydia shouted at the top of her lungs, “Quick everyone get under your desks!” Everyone followed Lydia’s command. Next there was a rumble. The ground started to shake. The whole side of the classroom was ripped apart leaving a huge gaping hole in the ground just outside.

After a few minutes all was silent. Lydia and Charlie slowly but steadily stood up and tried to make sure everyone was alright. They slowly made their way over towards the windows. When Charlie and Lydia looked out they were horrified. They darted outside as quickly as they could to get a closer look at the destruction.
Lydia and Charlie started inspecting the huge rock the strangest thing happened. A hidden door was revealed and began to open. At first Lydia and Charlie were a bit stunned but instantly realized they were not dreaming. Inside the secret hatch they could see hundreds of buttons and gadgets. The two young girls cautiously stepped inside, the secret door slowly closed behind them. By the time they noticed what was happening the door had sealed shut and the mysterious meteorite started to rock and shake.

Lydia and Charlie started to tap on some buttons to try and make the meteorite stop rocking but they just made things worse for themselves. All of a sudden the meteorite lifted off with a thunderous ‘’WHOOOOSH’. As the two girls were rocketing aloft, Charlie noticed a subtle movement behind Lydia. As she slowly moved over towards her, a pint sized man jumped out from his secret hiding place and said, “Freeze!” Charlie and Lydia did as they were told. The little man warily walked around the two girls said, “Are you not Earthlings?”

Jessica McLeod
11 Years
Grade 7
Wooroolin State School
PO Box 12
Wooroolin Qld 4608

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!