How Gnoolies Took Over The World

One day, PoozerE was hovering around his den when he suddenly heard a loud buzzing noise outside his door. He poked his head out the door and he saw nothing there. It was a mystery! PoozerE decided that the noise that he heard was just his tummy rumbling and he tucked into a honey sandwich. He adored honey sandwiches. It was his favourite meal, he always had them for lunch.

After lunch PoozerE decided to investigate this mystery further just in case it wasn’t his tummy rumbling. He called PoozerU (who was one of his friends and a famous detective) on his mobile phone and told him about the mysterious buzzing noise. PoozerU said he would be there as soon as possible. They had a long chat about what it could possibly be. In the end they clarified it must have been something invisible. Gnoolies are invisible, so it must have been one of them.

The next morning, PoozerE began to feel a small pain in his left arm. He was eating his Space Pops at the time. It felt like someone was poking him trying to get him to wake up. No one else lived in the den except him. He put a super-space bandage around his arm but then the pain went further down his arm.

Suddenly, PoozerE heard a loud knock on the door. He opened it where he saw the postman holding a huge parcel. The postman gave the parcel to PoozerE who unwrapped it quickly. Inside there was a brightly coloured box with pretty patterns on it. The label on the box said: ‘Super Duper Vision Space-Suit, can see invisible items of this world that you can’t see!’ PoozerE found a note that was messaged to him. It read:

To PoozerE,
This might help you with your investigations!
PoozerA?

Yesterday, PoozerU told PoozerA about PoozerE’s strange discovery, so that must have been the reason why he had got the special space-suit. While PoozerE was reading the instruction manual, he heard that same buzzing noise again. Quickly, he put the space-suit on and went outside the door.

Then, another weird thing happened. This wispy white thing came into view. It had two dangerous-looking fangs coming out of this almost invisible mouth. This creature was a GNOOLIE! PoozerE sprinted out of the door still wearing the space-suit. But the hairy arm of the Gnoolie grabbed him by the arm and slung him into his hairy mouth. But the angry Gnoolie was still hungry. Gnoolies have a big appetite you know!

The Gnoolie went round to every den on the planet Poozer to gobble up all of PoozerE’s friends. And then some other Gnoolies went to every other house or den on all of the other planets in the universe and gobbled them up just as he had done to poor PoozerE. And then there were nothing left in the universe except Gnoolies! NOOOOOOOOOO!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!