The Island Of Magma

Today is Saturday. I am going to go bowling with my friends, Bob and Jeff. I drag myself out of bed. I am SO, SO, SO tired!! As soon as I’ve finished a bowl of “EnergO’s”, the worlds No.1 energy cereal (it’s awesome), the doorbell rings. It’s my friends, Bob and Jeff. Bob is 11 years old. He has spiky black hair, and is wearing a jacket and some jeans. Jeff is 10 years old, but is very tall for his age. He has blonde hair. He looks like he’s in year 8.

We hop on our bikes and head off for the bowling centre. It’s really wet so we have to ride SLOWLY. Suddenly, the sky goes black. We wake up in a private jet. “Where are we? Jeff says wearily.
“Let me tell you,” says a weird, scary voice.
I look up. There’s this human that kind of looks like a bunny, but he’s wearing a tuxedo. He looks really weird.
“Allow me to introduce myself,” the bunny like creature says. “My name is the Unknown Master. You are on my private jet, heading for the Unknown Area.”

“Why are you taking us here?” Bob asks.
“I have orders,” the Unknown Master replies.
We all feel VERY scared.

5 long hours later, we arrive at the Unknown Area. I feel like I’ve just hit the side of a bus!!! It looks really weird. It’s like this black ball, and we’re inside it. “Welcome to the Unknown Area!” a deep voice booms.
We look up. There’s this huge, giant spider towering over us. “Who are you?” we all ask at once.
“I don’t know who I am,” he says.
“Well, let’s just call you the giant, hairy, scary spider,” I say, as we all run for our lives.

There’s this huge time warp kind of thing in front of us. It’s got all these rainbow lines all over it. We look at each other and nod. We jump through the warp.

We’re on this island with a volcano in the middle of it. “I think we got rid of them,” Jeff says.
“That was FREAKY!” I say, puffing.

Without notice, the volcano erupts. We’re all going to die!!” I yell.
Heaps of volcanic ash and lava flood towards us, at terrifying speeds. We run for our lives, yet again. Luckily, we found a mine. There was a map next to the entrance that said that those cart thingies would take us back home. We hopped on. Suddenly, the Unknown Master popped out of nowhere. “Hey, get back here!” he yells.
The chase was ON!!!!!!!!!! All of them found another warp and jumped in. It took everyone back to the Island Of Magma.

Then Unknown Master threw a net over Matt, Jeff, and Bob. Everybody is TRAPPED!!

“It’s no use,” Matt exclaims.
“Wait a minute!” Jeff says. “I have a plan!”
We lifted the net up with our hands. “We’re FREEEEE!” Matt yells.
We couldn’t believe we survived all that.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!