The Disaster

One morning Izzy woke up; today is Izzy’s softball round robin! Izzy has been waiting for it for months and has been training and eating well, just to get in the team. Izzy is tall and thin and has brown curly hair and green eyes. Her soft ball team is called the Tigers. She gets changed then runs down stairs for breakfast. Izzy is feeling really excited. She feels like she has butterflies in her stomach!

After Izzy has had breakfast the phone rings and Izzy picks it up. The person on the other end asks to speak to her dad. Izzy runs back up the stairs and gives the phone to her dad. Then she picks up the study phone to listen in. The reception is a bit muffled but she hears ‘softball……cancelled……..Sorry’. Izzy runs to her room then cries for an hour.

When she finally decides to go down stairs she is working out what to do instead of softball. Then she has a brilliant idea! Since it is so near Christmas, she could go shopping. Izzy has a younger sister Roxy who was 6. Izzy shouts, “Can I go shopping Dad? I can take Roxy”.
“OK, but make sure you take your mobile and be home by 3 o’clock”.
“Bye” Izzy shouts again.

By the time Izzy and Roxy’s train arrives at the shops, Izzy had finished her list. The first shop on the list was Dymocks. She wants to get her dad a book on Chinese food, her Gran a Vivaldi CD and her Step mum the new As Time Goes By DVD. After Dymocks she wanted to have look at Timings. They bought a china doll wearing a lace dress and holding a matching parasol, for their Gran from Roxy. She also bought a golden ruler for her aunt who was a math teacher.

Izzy and Roxy were leaving at the same time as a teenager and a buzzing sound occurred. The teenager sprints away and the kids were left standing there doing nothing. The police came and the kids thought they should run but they are too late. The police already caught them and were ready to question them. The police then checked them to see if they had stolen anything. They found the bag named DYMOCKS opened it to find the doll and ruler with no receipt. The police started to take them DOWN TOWN.

When they get to the police station Roxy was crying and Izzy is shouting out “DAD, take us back we didn’t steal anything!”
“Settle down, who stole what, can you describe him?” The police man asked.
“An old clock, He was tall, had blue eyes and brown hair” Izzy said.
“We will call your parents.” said the policeman.
He goes over to the phone and dials her dad’s number. When their dad arrives Izzy and Roxy run up and hug him.
The police find the teenager and Izzy and Roxy never go to the shops alone again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!