World War 3

Chieftain and his Global Space Corps (G.S.C) men were about to be pinned down in a courtyard with nothing to hide behind but wooden tables and broken brick walls. “The alien squadron will be here soon” Chieftain said, grimly. The G.S.C men took their positions behind the tables and walls. A war tank and 50 infantry units arrived. The men brought Stingers (heat- seeking rockets) and launched them at the war tank. The tank emitted bright blue sparks, followed by an explosion. Then a volley of plasmic ammo was directed at the men. After the skirmish, a space ship landed in the courtyard. The hatch opened and man wearing a brown leather jacket with brown hair flowing down one side of his head appeared and said, “I’m Leon; I’ve been put in charge of this squadron.”

A transmission from an alien commander to General Newman was sent. The commander asked for peace, but the knights (the most elite of all alien soldiers) will remain enemies. The General agreed.

Meanwhile, at the alien mother ship (named the “Icarus”) the Supreme Alien Chancellor found out about the transmission. The Icarus was then fortified and prepared for battle. The Human- Alien Alliance formed a fleet to attack the Icarus. The knights set turrets and mines. The fleet started its attack on the Icarus. The Icarus’ heavy cannons attempted to repel the fleet, but they failed to destroy the fleet, although the cannons did manage to damage them. A human soldier produced a plasmic blowtorch and melted a hole in the main entrance. “Go, GO, GO”, shouted Leon. The Knights fought back. The soldiers now knew the meaning of home team advantage. The humans launched the Stingers at the turrets and what followed was a series of explosions then volley fire. Soon the Knights were defeated and the aliens were to search the rooms in case if there are any more Knights. The humans were to disable the communications while Leon and Chieftain went on to search and arrest the supreme Chancellor. When they reached his office the Chancellor was just sitting in his chair, when six things walked silently into the room. “They are called Gaurds, they are genetically enhanced”, Chancellor remarked. The Gaurds, holding an energy staff each, were dressed in orange robes. Leon and Chieftain produced an energy sword each. When the Gaurds were defeated the Chancellor surrendered.

From that day on humans and aliens have lived in peace.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!