Mystery At The Shrieking Shack.

30 years ago on a day like today, my friends, Maria, Taylor and Sammi and I, flew over to England for a holiday. Once we had gotten to our holiday house, the Shrieking Shack, we went and unpacked. “What a ghastly place” said Taylor. Unfortunately that was the home of the ghost named Bloody Mary, she happened to overhear what she said. “I’m going to teach that girl a lesson” she said as she hovered away.

The next day Taylor was walking around in her room, when suddenly, Mary came up through the floor. Taylor was brain-washed straight away. She now thought that the ghost was her only friend and that her original friends were complete and utter strangers.

Because Taylor thought that Mary was her friend she followed Bloody Mary straight to the dungeons of the Shrieking Shack. Once they got to the dungeons Taylor felt extremely tired, so she lay down to rest.

Later that morning the rest of the group went to Taylor’s room to wake her up. We were shocked to find her not in her bed. “Where is she?” asked Sammi. “I saw a white shadow hovering the other day; I think it was Bloody Mary”, we all gasped with shock. Then we ran straight down to the dungeons, where Bloody Mary was believed to live.

There were some voices coming from the next room. We ran into the next room to find Bloody Mary sitting on an old, shredded couch with Taylor. “Who on earth are you?” exclaimed Taylor. “We are your true friends, not than that bloody old ghost over there” said Maria. “Don’t you dare insult her in front of me” yelled Taylor. At that moment a tall, slender person with a moustache and thick, brown hair turned up and yelled the words “kaboomo” and then Bloody Mary just exploded. There was only a white mist where she stood.

“Hello” said the man “I’m Professor Lupin.” “You mean Professor Lupin from Harry Potter?” said Maria, “Yep” he said proudly.

Sammi then said “Sorry for interrupting, but what are we going to do with Taylor?” “Oh I can fix that!” exclaimed Professor Lupin. Then he waved his wand and she was back to normal. Then Taylor said “I think I want to go back home.” We all laughed. We said our goodbyes and then he left.

In the morning we took a plane back to Australia and stayed there. To this day we all remember the events of that day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!