Magical Genes

I'm Dave, and ever since I can remember, I have known that I can do things out of the ordinary.
When I was only five years old, I made my best friend lift up off the ground and fly into a brick wall, because i was angry at him for not sharing with me.
Now I'm 13 and I have started trying to tap into my magical genes. I have learnt to use my powers to my advantage, including little things such as turning off lights. But never, since I used my abilities for the first time, did I think i would need to use them to save myself.

It's a warm, sunny day, with not a single cloud in sight. I am walking to the corner shop to buy some milk for my Mum. She gave me just enough for two bottles, though she only wanted one.
When she handed the money to me, it seemed as though she was feeling sad about something, but I let it pass as a trick of my mind.
I reach the shop and twist the handle of the door, pushing as I twist further, until the handle clicks and the door swings open. I walk to the counter and ask the lady 'May I have a bottle of milk, please?'
The lady nods and walks to a fridge with a glass door, opening it and pulling a bottle of milk out, muttering something that sounded like 'Such manners.'
She hands the milk to me and I accept it from her, placing the required amount of coins into her free hand.
I walk back out the door and down the street to my house. I open the door and step inside. There is a man with a gun looking at me and my mother is standing behind him. He points the gun at me and mouths 'I'm sorry'
I realise what is happening almost instantly. My mother is scared of me. My abilities make her uncomfortable, and the only way to stop me - that she knows - is to exterminate me.
I nod at her and the man squeezes his finger tight on the guns trigger, clicking as it sends the bullet firing out of the barrel.
Before the bullet hits me, i close my eyes and push with my mind, sending a force from my body that should disintegrate the bullet.
I hear a faint "wooshing" noise as the bullet breaks down into a billion microscopic pieces. I open my eyes and look at the terrorfied looks on both the man with the gun and my mother. I mouth at the both 'I'm sorry.'- Then with a twitch of my head send them crashing into a wall.
Knowing they would recover soon, I turn and run, run as fast as i can away from that place, to find a new life, where I can live in peace and let my abilities run free without anyone wanting to be rid of me.
This is my story, my story of my Magical Genes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!