Passing A Test Is Easy.. Right?

Can you believe it?
I passed!...

Until I woke up. Maybe that's a sign, that I will pass this afternoon's test. Mum promised me a new phone this summer and I hope I get it. Every time I get a phone, it’s an old one, that doesn't store photos, music or videos.

It’s on science, the test I mean, and you know how most times you sit in class nodding your head pretending you’re listening and the teacher thinks,
'Oh, yes this student’s paying attention, looks like she understands everything I'm saying'?
Well, I don't. I mean.. What’s 'photo..synthesis'? Is that even a word? I've never gotten higher than 50% but this time I'm passing this test!

I write in my diary every day after school, things like. 'Dear Diary, I'm 13 and I can’t even understand a word the teacher says. From Mandy' (that's my name by the way)

Anyway, time to get to class.

My teacher's name is Mrs.Moore and everyone says his the best teacher, but I never see why. He's nice and all but when he teaches, he repeats the same thing over and over again. Exhibit A:
"Photosynthesis happens in a tree because trees need to live, Photosynthesis happens in a tree because trees need gas, Photosynthesis happens in a tree because trees need light."
Now what is that supposed to mean?
Anyway, time for the test. Wish me luck.

*OK,take it slow Mandy,one question at a time. Question 1. What is Photosynthesis? Oh Great. The best question in the whole test.(sarcastically by the way)*
and so I put down my best answer. Then as time ticks I'm all the way down to the last question.
*Question 40. Who invented the incandescent light bulb? um...I know this one... Tom...Ebidon? No. Thomas... Thomas Edison! Yes!*

So, the test was over and Mrs.Moore announces that the test will be handed back tomorrow.

The next day comes and I can't wait to get my test back... well, if it's good I want it back, If i failed, on the other hand, she can keep it.
'Mandy' Mrs.Moore calls out. I stood up and collected the envelope containing my mark.
I sat back down and slowly grasped the top of the envelope and slowly peeled the lid, I see a 7.

My heart stopped and my face froze with my eyes wider than they ever had gone. My friend Tanya asked what was wrong, and took a look at my paper. 97%! Wow Mandy that's awesome!
I had screamed the loudest I had ever screamed and my whole class took a look at my mark. I walked home that afternoon singing:
"I got 97, now I get a phone,
now I get a phone 'cause i got 97.
One that stores music,
One that stores videos,
One that I can, take some photos"

My mum showed up in front of the door, holding a box and grabbed hold of the box running directly inside to see my new... Bracelet?!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!