Vampire Attack

My ears were ringing as I walked home from what would have to have been the best party ever. It had all the right things and all the right people there. People were dancing, laughing, gossiping, you name it. The only reason I left was that my mother had called me. It was so embarrassing having her call me in front of everyone! The only good thing about having to come home early was that this way I would not be tired for my marathon tomorrow. I was in the final and I needed to rest so I could win. However, it wouldn’t be too hard. I always win, because I’m the fastest person in our school.
Anyway, as I was walking past the park, I heard movement. I froze and looked around. There was no one. I slowly started walking again, when I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I spun around in time to see a flash of movement, but that was all.
By now, I was panicking. My hands were trembling and my heart was pounding as I started to jog. After a while, when nothing more happened, I slowed down to a walk. Just as I thought maybe I’d imagined those things, there was a chuckle from behind me. I turned around to see a tall man smirking at me. He had long, jet black hair and, I was horrified to see, dangerous, blood red eyes. He also wore a black t-shirt and jeans.
“You shouldn’t have stopped running.” He advised. He cocked his head to the side and studied me. I had long red hair, green eyes and I was wearing a short green dress. I whirled around in the other direction and ran as fast as I could. I was actually proud of myself because it was by far the fastest I had ever run.
I looked back to see where the man was and saw no one. I thought I had lost him but as I turned around, there he stood, about three metres in front of me. I swiftly turned to the left and sprinted through the park. I ran for the cover of the trees and looked around when I got there. He was gone again, but I was still wary. Suddenly an ice-cold hand gripped my shoulder and pushed me into the tree. As my face slammed against the trunk of the tree, I felt my nose break and blood dripped everywhere. The man spun me around to face him and pushed my back into the tree. I looked up at him and saw a hungry glint in his eye.
“Please let me go!” I pleaded. But either he didn’t hear me or he didn’t care. Instead he opened his mouth to reveal to sharp, white fangs. I gasped and he grabbed my hair and pulled my head back, exposing my neck. He then leaned in and I looked away just as the fangs touched my neck.
I felt an agonising pain in my neck, and then everything went black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!