Family Comes First


Long ago, in the land of Rostoff lived a girl called Jessica Blackwood. She lived by herself because she didn't want to move with her family to Sydney. Because Jessica wanted to see them, the next day she decided that she would make the journey to her family’s house. Jessica said "goodbye" to all her friends then left the next morning.

To start the journey Jessica had to go through Colourvil. Everything was purple, pink, red and green, including the people and the houses.

When Jessica entered the town an old lady came up to Jessica and asked her around to her old cottage for afternoon tea. Jessica was really tempted but the voice in Jessica's head said "it’s a trick to get you to stay." So Jessica just turned her back to the lady and continued her journey.

Jessica then ended up in a gigantic garden of bright and colourful tulips. Another lady up fronted Jessica called Mrs Gardenpot and asked for some help in the garden but Jessica disagreed. Just as Jessica left she picked a tulip from the garden then jogged away.

As Jessica was leaving a purple fairy with frizzy green hair flew up to Jessica and tapped her on the shoulder. She was from Colourvil. The fairy was there to to give Jessica her backpack that she left it at Colourvil. Jessica thanked the kind fairy and continued her journey.

While walking, Jessica looked up to see a huge ice cream. Jessica knew exactly where she was now!! She was in food land. Jessica loved this place!

When Jessica entered Food Land, through the gates Jessica realised how hungry she was, so Jessica ran straight to the nearest shop. She bought a big piece of chocolate fudge and a bowl of spaghetti. After eating all the food, Jessica felt a bit sick so she lay down under a big Pavlova tree and had a rest. Without meaning to, Jessica drifted off into a deep sleep. While she was sleeping a witch called Mrs Ogrady sneaked up on Jessica and carried her to the top of the giant ice cream cone in the centre of town and left her there. Because of the heat from Jessica's body, she melted the ice cream and flooded the town. Luckily Jessica landed on the cone and used it like a boat. While all of that happened, Jessica woke to the sound from the cone falling onto the ground.

Finally Jessica escaped this horrid town and headed for her destination, home. Jessica followed the windy foot path to Sydney.

At last Jessica arrived in Sydney. Jessica pulled a letter out of her backpack and read the address. She jogged to the house of her family.

When she arrived, her family was stunned to see her and treated her to lots of hugs and kisses.
Jessica learnt how important her family was to her and also learnt that her family is more important than what she wants.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!