Last Km

I was almost there, cycling in amongst 180 rider at the tour to France, one last kilometer, the wind that hit my face kept the last breath of life in me as I took on the challenge, behind me were some of the greatest riders however I had to win, I was the only one on my team and it seemed as though the worlds worries suddenly fell on my shoulders, I hear the riders behind me, saying things about me which indeed cut through and to the heart, they made anger drive in my blood, however i had to divert this energy to my riding. I could see up ahead, my family and friends cheering me on and it was as though if it wasn't for them i would fail. at this point the race seems only as thought it had began but i have been on the bike all day for if it wasn't for my energy drowning every second I should be in shape, now the clouds have just closed in and the wind is hitting me harder than it has hit me all day, and now the more experienced riders have moved from behind me to the side of me, and with this wind a potential factor it came down to mental game and one which was very technical in essence keeping in mind not to loose time on the bike. Now down to last 500 meters an sure enough the riders have put pressure and horse power being produced is truly amazing and now it was my turn to make a move, I knew my boundaries and I decide to break a way one last time in hope of winning the title and I take of past them now I am 50 meters in front however the other riders don’t want me hear. The 200 meter mark approaches and the team behind me has advanced now 30 meters and me getting very tired and by nature my heart pumping out of my chest it made his lead feel so little and now it looks like one of the team members has broken an away and now is beating me and at the dread second needed just 50 meters before the finish line he collapses and falls, it looks as though he had collided with small rock and my chance at glory, pass him I come and there’s no time to stop and help the other cyclists up it was me and his team mates very close behind me pedaling as fast as I could I break away and take the title. The crowd goes wild, and family and friends wait for me at the finish line. That day I was soaked with champagne and the celebrations went on all night after a tiring nigh I finally decide to get some sleep and maybe next time I’ll win again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!