Fern's Diary

Hi my name is Fern Colour and this is my diary.
I have to tell you a little about me, I am twelve years old, I love horses and I have two sisters called Sunny and Sky. So this is my diary blah blah blah. Ok enough with that! That’s what happens in a normal diary but this isn’t a normal diary. The real adventure starts on a sunny Friday afternoon...
I’m playing in the backyard with my sisters when suddenly this woman comes up and starts talking to me. She had a black dress on that looked really weird. She was talking to me in such a casual way like she has known me all my life. So I’m like; I’m not allowed to talk to strangers. But then she said that she was my Mum’s sister and her name was Silver, coming to pick me and my sisters up. I reply, my Mum doesn’t have a sister. I take my sisters inside really quickly. She was obviously trying but failing to kidnap us. I don’t know about my sisters but I was freaking out.
I rush in to the room screaming and grab my cell and start to call the cops. My Mum walks into the room at that moment. I hung up the phone and started crying into my Mum’s lap.
When I finished telling the story about what just happened my Mum jumps and panics. I was very surprised, not because she jumped (perfectly understandable) but because she panicked! I mean, I’m supposed to do the panicking, she’s supposed to be the calm mother!!!
I asked Mum why she was screaming. She replied back that when she was a kid the exact same Silver came and did that to her except Silver succeeded. Mum stepped into the car thinking that it was all normal until Silver locked the doors and turned around. Her face was changing. Mum was so scared that she pulled Silver’s hair and screamed let me out let me out. Accidently Mum put her hand where Silver’s heart should be except she had no heart. Instead of Mum screaming it was Silver. Silver pushed Mum out of the car and that was that.
Freaky. The cops suddenly burst open the door and asked what’s going on? I tell them my story again and Mum tells them hers.
“Geez Louise, it’s that ghost Silver again. She’s Miss Silver Senty’s ghost” said the main policemen called Bob.
“Miss Silver Senty, the millionaire?” gasped Mum. Who’s she? I wondered.
“Yup Mam it’s her again old Silver Senty” replied Bob in a lazy voice.
“You do know the story of old Silver don’t you Mam?” asked Bob.
“Of course I do! I am a member of the Colour family!” snapped Mum. “Officer, what do you advise for us?” asked Mum calming down.
“Move to the furthest place you can go that’s cold so Silver can’t follow you of course, Switzerland” advised Bob.
What will happen to us?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!