Terror Magic - Monster World

In Australia on the far side of Sydney, there was a house on a hill. In that house lived a mysterious family called The Hadgrades. Mr and Mrs Hadgrade had a son called Peter and a daughter called Emerald.
Mr Hadgrade was a ghoul and Mrs Hadgrade was a witch.They were sent to earth by Vorlot, the boss of an evil place called Monster World.
Our story begins on a dark night when a storm was brewing and a dark thing was lurking in the mist that hung about. Mrs Hardgrade was reading in bed and looked over at her clock. She muttered to herself, "It's time."
She hopped out of bed and strided towards her crystal ball. The horrible face of Vorlot appeared on the glass of her crystal ball. In a moaning voice, Vorlot began to speak, "I am sending the werewolf to do the horrors planned". Mrs Hardgrade smiled an icy smile and then cackled.
The noise made Peter sneak out from behind the door of his bedroom and peer around the corner. He could see Vorlot in the glass.
Then suddenly and unexpectedly Vorlot came out of the ball and made tons and tons of wolves appear. Peter gasped in shock as Mrs Hardgrade laughed and then tied Peter up.
Five seconds later Emerald entered the room calmly. She was ready and said "Let the fight begin..."
In one minute, Mrs Hardgrade turned into a....a.....pig. The wolves were terrified and ran off. Then a booming voice said "THIS ISN'T THE END.....MWAHAHAHAHAHA!".
Another voice sounded from somewhere and a huge wolf came bounding off Mrs Hardgrade's head. Peter and Emerald also heard the voice say that the exact same wolf would return to attack again later tonight. "When the clock strikes midnight, the wolf will do his things and finally rule!" yelled the evil Vorlot.
Ligtnening struck the wolf which made his evil spirit do some dark deeds for him. As this was happening, it gave Emerald time to grab Peter's sword, cut the rope and free him."To the rescue", shouted Peter as he grabbed his sword from Emerald and stabbed the wolf. The wolf was dead.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", cried Vorlot.
Emerald and Peter had to escape. Their only chance was to go through Wolf Tunnel and enter Monster World. When Emerald and Peter entered Wolf Tunnel they jumped in a boat and sailed through the waters of blood. Unexpectedly, they encounered Vorlot standing on a rock. "What is he doing here? He is petrified of blood", said Emerald. Peter and Emerald looked at each other realising they had the same idea.
They jumped out of the boat onto the rock. Peter and Emerald used all their strength to push Vorlot off the rock and into the blood filled river.
"We are free", they shouted.
Suddenly an arm reached out and pulled them back into the boat. Was it the arm of Mr Hardgrade? Or the arm of Vorlot's brother......


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!