Enchanted River

Sierra spent the whole day in a flower field. Sierra loved the flower field; she described it as peaceful and beautiful. She loved to write poems that were mysterious and thrilling. Sierra was in the field writing her poems when she heard a small buzzing sound. She looked but there was nothing there. Then she heard it again.
“What is that noise?” she said in annoyance.
She looked but there was still nothing there. The next time she heard a small voice saying “Sierra”, she then saw a dragonfly hovering in front of her.
“You can talk!” she said nervously.
“Yes, I’m a special dragonfly” he whispered. “My name is Whisper”.
“What do you want from me?” Sierra said stepping back.
“That doesn’t matter now but you need to follow me and all your questions will be answered” he said coming closer.
Sierra wasn’t sure what to do but finally she decided to go.
On the way, Sierra felt unsure. Then when she built up her courage she kept going. When they finally got to their destination, a river, Sierra was exhausted.
“Have a drink, you look thirsty,” whisper said in a strange voice.
“That’s ok, I’m not thirsty” Sierra said suspiciously.
“Please have a drink, the next river is miles away and this is the only clean one.”
“I’ll only be a minute”. As Sierra walked towards the river she was suspicious. When she bent down she noticed that the water was clean.
“I can actually trust that dragon…”
Just as Sierra was talking two massive hands emerged from the water and grabbed her. Sierra tried to scream but the hands had pulled her under the water already. Sierra thought she was going to drown but a magical portal opened up and Sierra was dragged in.

When Sierra had woken up she looked around and noticed that she was in a beautiful rainforest. Sierra thought that she was dreaming and she was only imagining this mystical place. She felt her clothes and noticed she was not wet. When she got up she looked around and in the distance it looked dark to the left and bright to the right. She decided to go for a walk to the right to see if she can find anyone.

While she was walking she saw a glow in the distance and started to walk towards it. When she got to the glow she saw it was a jeweled headpiece with a crystal in the middle. Sierra put the head piece on. A few seconds later she felt a bit funny. She looked at her hands and noticed that they were turning into hooves. After a few exhilarating moments she had turned into a beautiful and unique creature, a magnificent unicorn! She wasn’t sure how she had turned into this creature but she thought it had to do with the jeweled headpiece which was now the horn. After accepting what she was Sierra ran into the distance nowhere to be found.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!