Fearful Feeling

Sitting silently in the cold breeze, out on a clear winters day, her entire body shook; yet she couldn’t feel the cold. Her brain was on over drive and she didn’t know why.

Her heart pounded so fast in her chest, she didn’t know what to do. There was a need to run, to get away to somewhere familiar where she could talk to someone other than those that constantly surrounded her.

She wanted answers; wanted her head to be clear. She wanted to rid herself of this fear, of this uncontrollable feeling that rose in her whole body at the times she least expected.

She thought that everything was okay, maybe it wasn’t. All she really wanted was answers. Answers as to why her whole body filled with fear and what the triggers were.

She needed to know. It was important, so she could be a stronger person, not only for herself but also for the others around her. For now she would just sit here and pray to God that it would pass soon and let others be the comforters.

Today wasn’t a day for answers; it was the day to work through this hurdle in her life; one that was becoming increasingly familiar; a hurdle that she never wanted to face again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!