Bananas The Monkey On Both Sides

One day a family called the Brown’s decided they would go to the City.
When they got there Mrs. Brown said it was time for lunch. During lunch Louise the eldest sister complained that the City was boring and persuaded her parents to take her home. “I hate the city, it’s boring and there is nothing to see apart from boring old shops” cried Louise. “If I hear another word I’m going to squish you as flat as a pancake” said dad in a mean kind of way. “I love the city, especially at Christmas time there is so many cool things” said Lily happily munching on fried dumpling. “Don’t talk with your mouth full and stop crunching like a hippopotamus stepping on a twig” said Louise. Lilly shrugged as Louise slumped into her chair. After lunch Mrs Brown bought them ice cream. “Stay here while me and your dad go to the antiques shop” said Mum.
After a while they hear a scratching sound and a scream. It sounds like mum is having a baby. The 2 girls raced inside the antiques shop and Lilly started crying. “You look like a fountain” said Louise. She looked around and saw footsteps leading out to a broken window. “Come on” cried Louise.
They climbed out the window, they were in a rain forest, it was a hot place with a roaring water -fall, tropical fruit trees it was like heaven. The 2 girls walked and walked until they couldn’t walk anymore. ‘Break time’ groaned Louise. She flopped down on the grass and reached out to pick a fruit, she took a bite and her head fell on the grass. She had fainted. Lilly started crying again and her eyes became red as a tomato. ”Ahh! Came a voice from behind the bush “she ate a poison fruit. My name is Bananas. I will help you find a cure.” They walked a few steps and Lilly saw a big hole. Bananas told her to stay where she was. Bananas jumped in and when he came back her parents were on his shoulders, “to easy” said Bananas. They ran back to Louise and gave her the cure, then Bananas whistled and there was an army of monkeys. They ran for their lives dodging here and there. Sometimes they would pick up a stick and hit it over a monkeys head. Finally they were safe.
2 months later…
They came back to the city and during lunch Lilly complained.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!