The First Time Lauren's Ever Cleaned Her Room

On a Friday night, before an emotional girl called Lauren went to bed, her Mum told her she has to clean her room tommorow. "I really don't want to clean my room!" she moaned. "At home I should be able to do anything I want", Lauren thought. When she got into bed at 8:00pm, she could hardly sleep because she can't cope with doing a task she thinks is boring. Eventualy she fell asleep at 3:00am.

Lauren woke up 4 hours after she got to sleep and felt stressed. "Oh no! Today's the day I have to clean my room and I really don't want to do it!" She said this out aloud so that her Mum could hear from her bedroom. Lauren's Mum was woken up by Lauren. She went into Lauren's room and said "Do not wake me up at this time of morning! I know you don't like tasks but you have to do them. Anyway, your room smells like compost. Now clean your room!!"

Lauren sat on her bed thinking about the positive things about cleaning her room, then she wanted to do it. When Lauren was cleaning her room, first she put things from the floor onto her bed. She found three posters of her favourite celebrity, Michael Jackson and a pink iPod Nano which she doesn't remember owning. Lauren continued cleaning up.

Eight hours after Lauren started cleaning up she had finished and invited her Mum into her bedroom to look. "Wow, your room looks a lot better. Did you enjoy it?" "Yes, it was great fun! What do you rate my room?" Lauren queried. "90%, because you did a fantastic job. As a reward I'm giving you a ticket to see a movie and $50.00 today for you to spend on something special!" exclaimed Lauren's mum. "Thanks Mum!", said Lauren. "My pleasure. You deserve it". And Lauren and her Mum had a big cuddle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!