Sam's Secret

Once there was a young girl who could turn into any animal. Her name was Sam Banks; she was 9 years of age but in 1 day she would turn 10. Sam’s best friend Becky was the only one who new Sam’s secret. Sam’s mum and dad planed a surprise party for Sam. On the day of the party Sam’s dad took Sam shopping so Sam’s mum could get the party ready for lots of guests to come. Once they left the house Sam’s mum started to make invitations, get decorations up, order the cake, pickup the cake and make lollie bags. At the shopping centre Sam’s dad said ‘Sam can you please get a new dress?’’
Sure!’ said Sam so she got a sparkly dress with gold stars on the dress. When Sam got home everything was quiet but out of nowhere Sam’s friends jumped up and yelled ‘SUPRIZE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!’ Sam was really surprised that her mum and dad tricked her! Sam’s dad said ‘Go put on your new dress.’ Sam rushed upstairs to get changed but as she got into her bedroom she changed into a Beagle. ‘Why did I turn into a beagle? Sam said in her head.
Sam remembered that every night she would turn into a beagle without even wanting to and she had to stay like that for 3 hours and 20 minutes.

After Sam was in the form of a beagle she started to panic because what if someone came to use the toilet and got the wrong door and would see Sam as a Beagle. Just when she was going to make a plan, Sam’s bedroom door slowly opened and the little Beagle (Sam) quickly jumped to the other side of the room. ‘Sam what are you doing on the other side of the room?’Just then Sam realised that she had been thinking about her plan for 3 hours and 20 minutes and was a human again. Sam told the whole story to Becky and then she said, ‘I thought that turning into animals when you wanted to was weird, but doing it without you wanting to is even weirder! Oh well, you’ll just be my weird friend! ’
‘Why did you come up here anyway?’ said Sam. ‘Your dad is cutting the cake!’ Said Becky.
Both of the girls ran down stairs to have cake. Sam realised that she was weird, but she liked it.


Name: Kiera
Age:10
Address:24 Glen Cairn ave, Brighton East 3187 Grade:4 School: Brighton Beach Primary School

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!