Warrina Lakes

In the middle of a small country
town called Innisfail, there lies an
oasis called Warrina Lakes. Here you
can retreat from the city life and let all your worries float away.

When I first step out of the car the
fresh air blows me away.
There are plenty of interesting things to do there like swimming in the fresh lovely pool, feeding the friendly little ducks and turtles, playing on the wonderful playground and being like a swinging monkey.

When I walk along the tracks I can see the lovely little ducks and Turtles bobbing up and down like the waves in the ocean. I can see the people enjoying their picnics and telling jokes like they are at the circus.

When I walk across the little bridge, all the trees appear to cave in on me. It makes me feel like I am in the movie Bridge to Terrabithia.
I ride my bike with the wind behind me and it feels like I am flying like a beautiful bird.

When I am there I can hear all the wild life chatting like at the zoo. The scenery is a beautiful sight and the sound of the trees swaying is like the waves in the ocean crashing upon the shore.

It is a good family trip to relax and play some games like you are on a holiday.

If you want to appear as wise as an Aboriginal elder you can come and learn about all the different types of nuts, trees and the beautiful landscape

When I walk upon the foot path I can smell the fresh air, flowering plants and people having yummy picnics.

If you’re having a hard day at work and want to get out and have some fun and have a relaxing day this is the place for you to be. So remember this place and you never know I could even see you there some time and if you don’t go you will never know.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!