A Dancers Story


Once, there was a little girl named Maddison Addison. She lived in an orphanage because her parents died one autumn. She new little about them except that, because her mother could not speak, she would dance to communicate with her. Maddy learnt this at the age of 10 and wanted to dance, as if she thought she could take her mothers place. She begged the teacher is she could add dancing to the list of subjects, but alas no. Maddy was determined to dance like her mother, so she made a plan!

One day, Maddy decided to go through her Mums CDs. She found one she liked the look of. She then asked the teacher if she could borrow the CD player. Luckily she could. She played the CD and started dancing along. She felt so free. Finally Maddy got to dance. Other kids heard the music and came running to join the fun. And what fun it was!

A year later, some people came to adopt a girl. Maddy and the other girls put on their best dresses and pulled their hair back into ponytails. The people came and took Tulip, Maddy's best friend, with them. Tulip had a family, but Maddy had lost her one and only friend.

The next month two people came to adopt a girl, as well. Maddy put on the best dress she owned. She washed her face and hands and put her hair in ponytails. She did everything she could to get adopted, and luckily she did just that!

Maddy was chosen by to millionaires, who took her to their lovely home in Melbourne. She went to Melbourne Private School of Dance were she made 5 new friends. She learnt to dance and won lots of awards.

Maddy lives with her husband, Edwin, who had a crush on her back at the orphanage. They live happily with their daughter Roseanna in a house in Melbourne. Maddy and Roseanna both still dance at Dance Academy, run by Maddy and preform all over the world!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!