Happiness...one Day.

Have you ever watched the ones you love… just disappear?
…I have.
My name is Annabel Parker and this is my story.
Wrestling with the act of rejection, tormented by my insecurities day by day.
Poverty overcoming the essence of my life, starvation amidst my atmosphere.
Can you truly comprehend the meaning of ‘alone’?
Homeless nights, drifting among the mindless crowds, searching for help.
But no one ever seemed willing, not for me they didn’t.
I try to escape the world of troubles, breakaway from the obstacles of life.
My sanctuary lies just behind the barriers of imagination.
I dream, only attempting to recapture the paradise I so yearn for.
I wake up, wandering if someday, that happiness could be mine.
But it all seemed so far, far away,well beyond my feeble grasp.
I look at the people around me, envious of their happiness, wandering,’why didn't I look like them?’
I do dream of the day that my family would return,but I know that they’re somewhere out there trying to find me.
One day, they will come back for me…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!