Queensland's Gift: The Boulders

In a magical place called Babinda, in Far North Queensland, there is a swimming spot with waters that look like glittering diamonds in the sun.

When I go there with my Mum I immediately go into the water that feels as smooth as velvet.

Here there are trees that look like they have emerald leaves. I also see the remarkable turquoise water it looks like its been sprinkled with fairy dust.

I feel like I am in a fairytale when I go there because it is so relaxing and calm. I always have the most wonderful barbecues.

I hear the sounds of the rushing waters and swaying trees and immediately feel relaxed and calm.

I go here to shut down when I feel sad, angry or happy. It’s like I can let my troubles float away into the cool water.

I always go walking as the wind blows through my hair and it is actually fun. When I get tired I know that I can go into the cool and refreshing water.

You should go there because it is a wonderful place to relax and stay calm. I hope you like my special place.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!